Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Is there still a place for antiques in a modern home?

Every time I get a chance to go into an antique show I venture in. I love nostalgia and the past. For me it reminds me of my nana  and her beautiful built in sideboard from the 1920s full of depression glass and her collection of Stangel pottery that  held all the wonderful food she created. In current days design has become so modern it seems difficult to find a place for antiques.
I have to say I have always loves an eclectic mix and now that is how people decorate. Antiques are a piece of history. In a simple and sterile environment of white and gray antiques can warm up a space and tell a story. Decorating is balance so just because we are in a phase of clean lines don't forget to include a little history in your story. It makes it interesting and gives it depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment