Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Transition to Fall

I can't believe it is almost here folks, but it is Labor Day weekend!!! It is sad but exciting at the same time. Fall brings us wonderful things like pumpkins, gourds and cider. It is all how you look at it. I love decorating for fall and the best place to start is outside your home. Because I have 2 stores, I have to be a little ahead of the curve so I was in the garden centers this week looking for inspiration. This year I am using coxcomb. It is a plant I have spoken of before. It kind of looks like a velvet lasagna noodle. It comes in oranges and burgundy and is very fall. Ornamental gourds and unusual pumpkins are key this year. White pumpkins will trend. The combination of purple and orange is always a favorite.  Finally try fall pansies. Orange pansies are hardy and will last beyond Thanks Giving. For more information on this topic tune in to Modern Design on www.hunterdonchamberradio.com at 2pm today or on the podcast anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment