Sunday, March 10, 2019

Master Bedrooms need to be Restful

Studies tell us as much as 40% of the population will have an issue with sleep at one point in their life. I very much keep that in mind when I design or update a master bedroom. Here are some things I try to do. First I pick a soothing paint color with a low LRV (light reflection value). Shades of blues, green, grays and soft browns seem to work the best. Stay away from reds, oranges and yellows. these colors are not restful. Secondly I love couples to invest in a really good Mattress. Third I never use foot boards. If you are tall these are very uncomfortable. forth I put all light on dimmers and have adequate light for reading at the night table area. Fifth I usually  remove wall to wall carpet with a good area rug to give you warmth when you get out of bed but not cover the whole room. Finally I use black out lining in all window treatments to keep light out. Your master bedroom should be a sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment