Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year New You

When the Christmas tree comes down in January and the doldrums of winter begin to kick in.  this is the best time of the year to change your home.  Not only is labor cheaper, but why would you wait until the weather is nice to work inside.  I hate putting away all the holiday decorations, but I hate how the house looks post Christmas even more.  That is why every January I take a good look at my home and do a small project.  It keeps my head out of the refrigerator and keeps in occupied.


You don't have to spend much money.  I would start by moving your furniture around.  Put your bed on an angle or switch your living room furniture around.  You will find it will make you feel different.  The next thing I suggest is to paint.  Paint is magic, I have said this many times.  You don't have to paint the whole house.  You can paint the ceiling or an accent wall.  Just a little new color can really make you feel different.  I also like to start plants in the winter.  Get some bulbs and out them in you kitchen window.  you also can buy some great supermarket orchids or flowers.  these things will give you a lift through the cold dark winter.  Take advantage of this time of year to change your life and change your home

No comments:

Post a Comment